Auckland House Extensions & Additions
Dream Home Renovations Auckland Builders are specialists in planning, designing and constructing House Extensions to the highest standards
A Home extensions is able to expand your current dwellings up or out, to add an additional room/rooms on the ground floor or to use your existing house footprint and add an entire new level to the existing house. With house extensions there is quite often an overlap as other rooms within the house get refreshed.
Why build a House Extension?
There are many reasons why Auckland home owners choose to add an additional room or level to there existing home over moving or building a brand new home somewhere else.
These benefits may include:
- A larger usable living area: A house extension will allow you to create addition room/s to accommodate the extra family or guests, games room, granny flat, home office or garage.
- Increased property value: Given the hotness of the Auckland property market, a house extension could become an investment if you ever decide to sell, as you would have created a larger more appealing living area to the one you currently own. The additional space often more attractive to potential purchasers of your home.
- You like the area: If you are in an area that you and your family are familiar with, your children are growing and you are in a favourable school zone and don’t want to change locations, a big benefit to a home extension is that you don’t have to leave.
- You just want to increase the size and value of your largest investment.
- Unique to suit you and your families needs: The largest benefits is that your Auckland house extension will be developed and built around your individual requirements and needs.
Starting a House Extension project in Auckland
A house extension in Auckland requires a lot of detailed planning, design input, communication and project management to make sure that the home extension is complete on time, to budget.
At Dream home renovations, our qualified LBP Builders & Project managers are with you each step of the way to deliver your house extension:
- Building Consultation: A Project manager will meet with you personally at your property for a chat, to discuss your needs and ideas for the home build and to inspect the property.
- Building Plan: A building plan will need to be developed as it is a crucial part in the planning and development of your Auckland Home Extension. This allows everyone involved in the building project to know the detail of what and when they need to complete the extension in order to successfully deliver your house extension or addition on time, on budget It will also show what your building consent requires in order for your compliance to be issued.
- If you do not yet have any building plans drawn up Dream Home Renovations can assist you with this process and help you determine if your goals are realistic. If you do have your building plans already consented by Auckland City Council, we can assess them with you and provide a fixed price quote.
- House Extension Quote: Once Dream Home Renovations have met with you, seen your property and know what it is you want, we will be able to develop a quote that will take into account your requirements, Auckland City Council building requirements, set building & constructions time frames and budget for the home extension.
- When the quote has been received and is acceptable, a construction contract will be written up and signed between the two parties and the work will commence on your property shortly after for your house extension.
- Building Starts: Building your house extension will begin with the building materials being delivered to your home and various trades like electricians, plumbers and builders coming in and out to complete their part in the House Extension building process.
- House Extension Completion: This is when it all comes together and the dream of having the additional space to suit your needs becomes real. Now you can enjoy the extra space and benefits of living in a larger home with your unique Auckland House Extension.
Every step of the way and throughout the entire house extension building process, Dream Home Renovations will be your partner, making sure that the home extension is built to plan, Council compliance, budget and delivered to you on time.
So whether you are in need of more space or you simply want to renovate, extend you house or have an addition to your existing space, Dream Home Renovations is a company you can trust with your home